Building your new home, or renovating your existing home, can be a complicated and intimidating process to consider. Allow Mitrecic Builders to give you the personal attention to help guide you through this process. Here are a few answers to our most frequently asked questions:
What do I need to know about my contract?
Start by reading and understanding the contract.
Write down any questions you have about the contract.
Discuss the contract with your builder and have him or her answer your questions.
- Remember… after the contract is signed by both you and your builder any changes could incur additional cost.
- Always ask for written confirmation of all “Change Orders.”
- What type of builder do I need to build my home?
- There are basically three types of builders: production builders, semi-custom builders and custom builders.
- Mitrecic Builders is a custom home builder.
- Custom builders specialize in starting with a blank sheet of paper and creating a unique home or remodeling project. Custom builders have experience with a wide variety of finishes, unusual treatments and design details.
Do you provide a warranty?
- Yes, all new home construction and remodel jobs receive a one-year labor and material limited warrant in addition to any manufacturer extended warranty.
What questions should I ask prospective builders for my project?
- How many years have you been in business?
- Are you licensed by the state?
- Will you provide me with references?
- Are you financially strong?
- How often will I have access to the home during the building process?
- How do you compare with other builders?
- Why are your prices higher/lower?
- What kind of warranty do you offer, and what are the critical factors in evaluating a warranty?
- How long will it take to build my new home?
- What is your price range?
- What types of floor plans do you offer?
- How long has this plan been built?
- Will my home be the first?
- What kinds of amenities can you provide?
- Should I add a clause to the contract to ensure that any material installations performed by your workers do not void the warranties?
- Is there anything in your contract about material changes? Don’t I have to give you approval first?